A Natural Way To Quit Smoking30/03/2013 15:38
- Cayenne Pepper: Desensitizes the respiratory system to tobacco and chemical irritants helps stop cravings for cigarettes. Take the spice daily: add a couple of pinches to a glass of water.
- Ginger: Ingesting pure ginger helps you quit smoking. Ginger has a warming and heating effect in the body, which promotes perspiration. When your body sweats it excretes toxins and relieves some chemical loads from the body. A great detox for a smoking addiction. Also - Drink ginger tea. Instead of smoking try preparing a cup of ginger tea. This is effective because it helps form a new habit instead of smoking.
- Ginseng: Prevents nicotine-induced releases of the neurotransmitter dopamine found in cigarettes. Take a teaspoon of ginseng powder in some cereal or maybe a health shake. (prevents cravings)
- St. John's Wort: Recommended 450 mg capsule 2 times a day
- Peppermint: nausea can be alleviated with peppermint tea or peppermint oil. It's great for relieving nausea but is also helps relaxation. It has an anesthetic and pain-relieving effect on the body - that's perfect for combating this dirty habit.
- Lobelia: Active ingredient is lobeline, thought to have similar properties as nicotine. Research has shown that lobeline may increase levels of dopamine in the brain similar to cigarettes.