How to Heal Cavities Naturally03/12/2013 07:58
The world is slowly waking up to the fact that, when you give the body what it needs, it can heal things we previously thought were impossible. A fine example of what is often deemed as an incurable health problem is dental cavities, but extensive research is now becoming more public about the true nature of tooth decay and the fact that there are proven remedies that can remedy it.
The lies perpetrated about tooth decay
According to the American Dental Association, the reason we have tooth decay is as follows:
"[Tooth decay] occurs when foods containing carbohydrates (sugars and starches) such as milk, pop, raisins, cakes or candy are frequently left on the teeth. Bacteria that live in the mouth thrive on these foods, producing acids as a result. Over a period of time, these acids destroy tooth enamel, resulting in tooth decay."
There are a few problems with this theory, including:
- Groups of indigenous people who had fermentable carbohydrates stuck on their teeth all the time
that did not brush or floss were mostly or completely free of tooth decay.
- Bacteria do not consume processed sugar or flour because of the lack of nutrients in them.
- Foods that bacteria like to eat, such as milk, vegetables, meat, fish and fruit, are not commonly implicated in causes of tooth decay.
So if the modern explanation of tooth decay is not accurate, what is actually the cause of tooth decay?
What actually causes tooth decay
Tooth decay, as researched by Dr. Weston Price and other dental pioneers, boiled down to three factors:
- Not enough minerals in the diet.
- Not enough fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) in the diet.
- Nutrients not being readily bioavailable, and your intestinal system not properly absorbing them.
The presence of phytic acid largely influences this factor.
Over a period of time, if your diet lacks vitamins and minerals from a poor diet and/or contains high levels of phytates (from grains, seeds, nuts, and legumes), the blood chemistry and the ratio of calcium and phosphorous become out of balance, which results in minerals being pulled from bones, causing tooth and bone loss.
So, the long-standing belief that sugar causes tooth decay is true, but as a result of it depleting nutrients from the body, not because bacteria eat it and produce acid that ruins your teeth.
The food remedies that can heal cavities and tooth decay
In order to restore the ratio of calcium and phosphorus in our blood, and to enable minerals to bond to our teeth, it is not enough to just avoid eating too many sweet or processed foods. We must also eat health-building foods, containing copious amounts of minerals and vitamins that will build a glassy hard tooth structure.
Foods to focus on are:
- Coconut oil, grass-fed organic dairy (especially butter), grass-fed meats, seafood and bone broths.
- Organic cooked vegetables (soups with bone broth are ideal).
- Organ and gland meats, like liver.
Limit foods that are high in phytic acid, like grains, beans, nuts and seeds, as well as limiting processed food intake full of processed flours and sugars that upset blood sugar balance.
Supplements to consider are:
- Fermented cod liver oil - very high in fat soluble vitamins A, D and K.
- Magnesium - required to use calcium and phosphorous effectively.
- Gelatin - if you don't have time to make bone broth, this is a good alternative and is great for gums and digestion.
Now go get your pearly white smile back.
Cure Tooth Decay: Heal And Prevent Cavities With Nutrition - Limit And Avoid Dental Surgery and Fluoride by Ramiel Nagel is the go to guide for using food to manage your dental hygiene.
The following articles contain content that is similar to this article, How to Heal Cavities Naturally:
Sources for this article include:
About the author:
Motivated by his own story of being sick and crippled at age 30 to healthy and pain free 5 years later, Derek is an expert in helping people get on track in a fraction of the time it took him on his own journey. Actively engaged in the research of natural healing for over 5 years, Derek has spent over 2500 hours (and growing) studying and collaborating with top minds in nutrition and utilizes that extensive knowledge to deliver protocols that help people overcome their own health challenges.
Derek is currently a Master Health Coach and writer of over 200 natural health articles, many of which are featured at his primary website, http://healingthebody.ca/, and his Healing the Body Facebook page.
Derek specializes in specific nutritional and wellness programs, from simple lifestyle transitions to complete healing protocols. Check out his popular free health consult.
Article Originally Posted on: Natural News.com